Classic Film Fashion #210: Ladies battle computerisation in sumptuous work wear threads for Desk Set (1957).
They would have pooped bricks had they Google to best for their jobs, but Katharine Hepburn, Joan Blondell, Dina Merrill and Sue Randall play the television research team suited up to win one for working women. The ladies inhabit the office with expert style: vests, pencil skirt, popped collar and rolled sleeves; slate grey jersey frocks, cardigan; belted jacket with Peter Pan collar; cinched waist and full skirt; sensible heels; bright hued jumpers. Each ensemble telegraphs women who are accomplished, capable and fashionable.
- indiieeey0uthh likes this
- greenkneehighs likes this
- thiswanderingparakeet reblogged this from msmeganmcgurk
- kawaiidulce likes this
- littlehorrorshop likes this
- nostalgicallyyours reblogged this from msmeganmcgurk and added:
- romanvb likes this
- wearyruler reblogged this from msmeganmcgurk
- margaretperrykh likes this
- thechristian-intherye reblogged this from msmeganmcgurk
- realbronxbetty reblogged this from msmeganmcgurk
- essiedoo likes this
- msmeganmcgurk posted this